Your browser is not support JavaScript, but it will not affect the web content.
|
  ||||
This is a Flash movie.
Ta Cheng Arch

The East Ta Cheng Arch, the main entrance to the Tainan Confucius Temple, was built in the year 54 of Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty (1715) and underwent repairs ordered by CHEN Bing of the Taiwan Xiamen Governor. The West Ta Cheng Arch was built in the year 14 of Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty (1749) ordered by YANG Kaiding, the Taiwan censor. Both buildings underwent a number of repairs and are almost identical in appearance, with the lower part a double-cross heavy-duty wall and the upper part supported with a wooden structure and the center with a suspension swallowtail. The cross heavy-duty wall top comes with swallowtail ends show 6 swallowtails in a particular shape. The water-stops come in the form of dragons and bats.

||
||||
 
Copyright ©2006 Ministry of Culture All Rights Reserved.
No. 439 Zhongping Road 13 Floor (South Building), Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886–04–2229–5848#666