Your browser is not support JavaScript, but it will not affect the web content.
|
  ||||
This is a Flash movie.
On the fence linking Ta Cheng Palace and the non-existing Ling Hsing Gate in the Tainan Confucius Temple, there are 2 access gates. The one in the east is called the Li Gate and the one in the west the Yi Path. They are named so to suggest that all those who pursue Confucianism must follow discipline and just. As Ta Cheng Palace centers the Confucius Temple, all students must go through the Li Gate and the Yi Path before entering into the halls. The 2 gates were first built in 1715, followed by more repairs. The ones we see today were rebuilt between 1986 and 1987.
When there was a fence linking the Ta Cheng Gate and the Ling Hsing Gate, these 2 gates were only accessible with a key.
|
||||
 
Copyright ©2006 Ministry of Culture All Rights Reserved.
No. 439 Zhongping Road 13 Floor (South Building), Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886–04–2229–5848#666