Your browser is not support JavaScript, but it will not affect the web content.
|
  ||||
This is a Flash movie.
Ta Cheng Gate
Ta Cheng Gate, the main entrance to the Tainan Confucius Temple, named so to stand for the great wrok, just as the Tacheng Arch and Ta Cheng Palace, was built in the year 54 of Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty (1715). It was available when CHEN Bing offered to rebuild the Confucius Temple, followed by repeated repairs. Current temple was rebuilt between (1987) and (1989). The 3-local Ta Cheng Gate is the most glamorous one in the Tainan Confucius Temple. 6 columns support its wooden framework and the roof is made as a reproduction of ancient style, with flowers, sparrow tail and lion base, with partial painting. The mountain-shaped roof comes with 3 ridges. The open room has a taller roof and the 2 others with a lower one, with swallowtail ends.
||||
||||
 
Copyright ©2006 Ministry of Culture All Rights Reserved.
No. 439 Zhongping Road 13 Floor (South Building), Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886–04–2229–5848#666