Your browser is not support JavaScript, but it will not affect the web content.
|
  ||||
This is a Flash movie.
Pan Gao stone & Pan Pond
The Shrine of Fidelity and Piety and Shrine of Bereaved Son are to the west of the Ta Cheng Gate of the Tainan Confucius Temple, where people used to honor loyal women and sons with filial piety. The site was not available in the Tainan Confucius Temple and no one knows for sure when it was erected. Some insist it was in 1888 as suggested in the Anping Records and other say it was during the Japanese occupation, as suggested by the Reference on Tainan Confucius Temple, as the Arch for Loyal Women in the north of the city and the Jiexiao Shrine in the Anfang School were abolished and the tablets were then moved to the Xiangxian Shrine to the east of the Ta Cheng Gate of the Tainan Confucius Temple, making Xiangxian Shrine and Minghuan Shrine into one.
||
||||
 
Copyright ©2006 Ministry of Culture All Rights Reserved.
No. 439 Zhongping Road 13 Floor (South Building), Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886–04–2229–5848#666