Your browser is not support JavaScript, but it will not affect the web content.
|
  ||||
This is a Flash movie.
Pavilion for Literature Deity (Wen Chang)
The 3-story building in the northeast corner of the Tainan Confucius Temple, the first school in Taiwan is known as Pavilion for Literature Deity (Wen Chang), which is a special building among all Confucius Temples in Taiwan. In ancient systems, the Pavilion for Literature Deity (Wen Chang) did not necessarily have anything to do with the temple, just as Wen Change Di and Kuixing with Confucius. Only the system of examination for public servants made this building available in the temple. In (1715), when CHEN Bin began building the Wen Change Pagoda, a stone tablet for the event was erected. A number of rebuilding works followed before the last work conducted in (1979).

||||||
||||
 
Copyright ©2006 Ministry of Culture All Rights Reserved.
No. 439 Zhongping Road 13 Floor (South Building), Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886–04–2229–5848#666